armarth Niketan is a true, spiritual haven, lying on the holy banks of Mother Ganga, in the lap of the lush Himalayas. It is also the largest ashram in Rishikesh. Parmarth Niketan provides its thousands of pilgrims – who come from all corners of the Earth – with a clean, pure and sacred atmosphere as well as abundant, beautiful gardens. With over 1000 rooms, the facilities are a perfect blend of modern amenities and traditional, spiritual simplicity. Rishikesh – known as the “City of the Divine”- is a spiritual center to which sages, rishis, saints and pilgrims have flocked for millennia. The roads of the city are lined with bustling market places of ethnic arts and handicrafts, fresh produce markets, holy shrines and orange-robed sadhus. Then, the road narrows, the markets become more sparse and you come upon a foot bridge, suspended high over the sacred Ganga river. As you cross this bridge, the sun streaming through the sacred Himalayas to warm your being, you will feel as if you have truly come home. It is no surprise that pilgrims are drawn here from all over the world. The awe-inspiring beauty of the ashram, the clear, flowing Ganga, the majestic mountains, and the lush green forests will embrace and rejuvenate your entire being. Parmarth Niketan offers comfort, inspiration and upliftment for your body, mind and spirit as well as a deeper connection with the Divine. As you stay in the ashram, you will feel your soul bathing in the peace of sacred energies, including those that emanate from nature and those that linger from the timeless healing powers of saints, sages and holy ones. Parmarth Niketan contains within it the voice and the spirit of divine communion.
- Come to Haridwar
- Pass Haridwar and go 15-16 Km.
- You will see the Hanumanji Temple (Baba Neem Karoli Temple) on your left. Just past the temple is the IDPL Gate on your right. Turn right at this gate.
- Keep going straight.
- Ask for the Barrage Bridge. Follow the way to the bridge. There will also be signs for Parmarth. Follow these signs.
- Cross the Barrage Bridge. You are now 8 km from Parmarth Niketan.
- Immediately after crossing the bridge, turn left.
- Go straight through the mountains. First you will go up, and then go back down.
- There will be a fork in the road. One road goes off to the right, for Neelkanth. Don’t take this road. Take the road that goes left and down.
- Head down until there is a left turn. There will be another sign for Parmarth; Turn left.
- Go a few hundred meters to the first road (the only road), and turn right. Parmarth is at the end of this road.
- If one is coming by taxi (which frequently do not want to drive through the mountain/jungle route to the back of the ashram), the car can come to the Muni-ki-reti parking lot at Ram Jhula and park there. From there, you can cross over Ganga by motor boat or by foot on the foot bridge. Coolies are available at the Muni-ki-reti parking lot for hire if necessary to help carry luggage across the water. After crossing Ganga, turn right (going back down river) and walk until you get to Parmarth Niketan, a few hundred meters. You will walk through the market and shops. There is a large clock tower in front of the Ashram.
There are several trains a day between Delhi and Haridwar, schedule is posted below. You can book tickets online at www.indianrail.gov.in. You can either hire a taxi to take you directly to the ashram as per the directions given above, or you can take a taxi, bus, or rickshaw to the Muni-ki-reti parking lot in Rishikesh which is the parking lot near Ram Jhula (also called Shivanand Jhula). From there you can take a motor boat across Ganga (or walk across the bridge). Then, after crossing, head down Ganga – a right turn – until you see a huge, beautiful clock tower. That is Parmarth Niketan. We are a few hundred meters down river from Ram Jhula.
There are several flights a day between Delhi and Jolly Grant Airport in Rishikesh/Dehradun. The airport is only about 1/2 hour from the ashram. From there again you can take a taxi to Rishikesh. See www.yatra.com or www.makemytrip.com for details.
For travel questions and assistance, taxi, train and air travel advice and booking, please consult Neeraj Gupta at email@example.com, or call him directly at +91-9811111044. For taxi transportation between and within Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Haridwar, Dehradun and Rishikesh, email Sachin Gureja at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him directly at +91-9897009065.
Please note: Be aware of scams!
When booking travel or accomodations, please be aware of possible scams. Each year, tourists are coerced into shops, travel agencies and unofficial tourist offices (which sometimes claim to be official, Government offices), where they are overcharged exorbitant prices and never receive what they believe they have payed for.
We recommend the above travel agents for booking all your travel needs. If you do use other travel agents or offices, we recommend using accredited agents and getting your transaction in writing. You can report any scam activity to the police.
Parmarth Niketan Map
D ownload the map of Parmarth Niketan to find IYF venues, ashram facilities and room blocks.
Parmarth Niketan is open to all, with no discrimination on the basis of race, nationality, religion, caste or creed. The daily activities at Parmarth Niketan include morning universal prayers, daily yoga and meditation classes, daily satsang and lecture programs, kirtan, world renowned Ganga aarti at sunset, as well as Nature Cure, and Ayurvedic treatment and training. Additionally, there are frequently special cultural and spiritual programs given by visiting revered saints, acclaimed musicians, spiritual and social leaders and others. There are also frequent camps in which pilgrims come from across the world to partake in intensive courses on yoga, meditation, pranayama, stress management, acupressure, Reiki and other Indian, ancient sciences.
Ananda in the Himalayas
omplement your experience of the International Yoga festival by visiting the world famous destination spa- Ananda in the Himalayas (a short 20 minute drive away from Rishikesh). Special rates available, before and after the festival dates, for all registrants of the international Yoga Festival. For reservations email email@example.com
. For further information visit www.anandaspa.com